Who We are
Comprising of Townsville Laser Cutting, NEM Welding Services and Townsville Industrial Blast and Paint.
NEM GROUP PTY LTD is a highly regarded, locally owned Townsville, North Queensland business.
Servicing the Mining, Sugar, Rail, Defence, Maritime, Construction, Transport and Manufacturing industries throughout Queensland, NEM Group is ISO accredited for Quality, Safety and Environment, hold a number of welding qualifications including ISO 9606, 3834 and since our year of establishment in 1997, have successfully completed a vast variety of projects from tender through to commissioning.
With our skilled team of professionals consisting of Estimators, Engineers, CNC machine operators, Boilermakers, Fitters, Blasters and Painters and highly-skilled trades assistants, we ensure each job is completed to the highest of quality and standard as Safety, workmanship and attention to detail, is engrained within our company culture.
Where we are
NEM Group operates out of two premises here in Stuart, Townsville. Our Head office located at 5 McHugh Court, Stuart is a facility strategically designed and built by NEM Group to maximise the joint capabilities of Townsville Laser Cutting and NEM Welding Services. Located a short distance from our head office at 2 Jensen Street, is our Paint and Blast facility. Both locations allow convenient access to the Townsville Port, Rail, Southern, Western and Northern Road trucking access.
Key Facility Features
- Over 2600m2 Under Roof Workshop (60m x 44m)
- 2 x 10 Ton Overhead Cranes
- Drive through access for Semi Trailer/ Franna Crane
- Roughly 1000m2 Office Space
- 864m2 (54m x 16m) Workshop
- 8 Ton Overhead Crane
- Franna Access
- 240m2 Blast Booth
- 2 x 300m2 certified paint chambers
- 1 x 450m2 certified paint chamber with a 6-meter door opening 5ton overhead crane and Franna crane access.
- 1.5 acres secure laydown area + ability to utilize 4-acre NEM Group project laydown and erection areas.
NEM Group holds ISO accreditation for Quality, Safety and Environment, we also hold a number of welding qualifications including ISO 9606, 3834.
NEM Group values quality and continuous improvement to deliver superior performance and high-quality products. We efficiently utilise resources and aim for customer satisfaction. With our in-house practices and AS/NZ 9001:2008 accreditation, we offer documentation like ITPs, Compliance Certificates, Material Certificates, Coating Certificates, Galvanising Thickness Reports, and more as per specifications.
NEM Group prioritises a safe and healthy working environment for all personnel, including contractors and consultants. We provide leadership, resources, and encourage staff participation in hazard identification and control measures. Training and necessary equipment are provided to meet staff needs. Safety systems are continually improved through measurable objectives and targets, aligning with AS NZ ISO45001 certification.
At NEM Group, we prioritise sustainability and emissions reduction through responsible practices. Our initiatives include rooftop solar systems, natural lighting, LED lighting, and recycling metal scrap. We integrate energy efficiency into our culture and hold ISO 14001:2015 accreditation. Contact us for sustainable manufacturing at competitive costs.
We pride ourself on having a great team of hard working and respectable employees.
- – Administration Coordinator
- Jody McGuinness – Accounts Administration
- Tessa Auhl – Reception – NEM Group Head Office
- Zoe Bosch – Reception – Industrial Blast and Paint Office
- Jordan Smith – Head Estimator / Programmer
- Paul Connolly – Estimator/ Programmer
- Jake De Wet – Estimator / Programmer
- Michael Mitchell – Estimator / Programmer / Site Services
- Tarak Patel – Estimator / Programmer
- Chloe Walker – Estimator
- Drima Patel – Estimator
- Wade Clarke – Business Development
- Bruce Young – Paint Workshop Supervisor
- – Fabrication Workshop Supervisor
- Connor Clifford – Site Services Supervisor
- Mark Burnett – Processing Workshop Supervisor