NEM Group has ambitions to continuously improve and grow within the industry and within our community. To ensure we can build and maintain strong relations and networks with clients, suppliers and the local community, NEM have had the opportunity to and/or endeavours to;
- Purchases of goods and services from sources within our local community when possible.
- Develop a closer link between industry and local schools.
- Hosting locals schools for tours of our premises and workshops (Ignatius Park College, Pimlico and Kirwan State High School)
- Sponsored school and community events including providing trophies for Marian Schools Marathon.
- Funding of 2 x annual scholarships at Wulguru State School to promote the motivated qualities we look for in apprentices.
- Registered as an industry member on School Based Work Experience & Apprenticeship Portal to participate in the in-school work experience program.
- Commitment to a yearly intake of Apprentices
- Opportunity for current Apprentices to obtain a higher level of their Trade by completing a Certificate 4.
- Regularly host Industry Placement Students from local schools; Ignatius Park College, Northern Beaches State High School, Ayr State High School, Kirwan High School & Tec NQ.
- Providing specialist work experience opportunities for other companies’ apprentices, Aurizon/QLD Rail, & Oaky Creek Coal.
- Hosted faculty school leaders for their mandatory 2-day work experience to ensure their competency stays up to date.
- Employing underrepresented groups including; adult apprentices, apprentices transferring from other trades, indigenous apprentices, defence veterans & tradesman.
Community Memberships and Support Programs:
- Support the Gateway to Industry Schools Program including workshop tours.
- Support Edmund Rice Education Australia QLD Skills and Training Managers with workshop tours.
- Support Trades for a day school program including workshop tours.
- Support Women Who Weld Industry Panel.
- Support Ai Group women in manufacturing events and paid member.
- Support Townsville advanced manufacturing hub through active involvement.
- Support Townsville Defence hub through active involvement.
- Support and paid member of Master Builders Queensland.
- Support and paid member of Townsville chamber of commerce.
- Support and paid member of Townsville enterprise.
- Support and paid member of AIDN QLD.
- Support state government #MakingItForQLD campaign.
- Support of and attendance at Townsville Go Local 2021 events.
- Support of Townville industry breakfasts.
- Supporting letter and program support for Defence Veterans Industry Engagement Program.
- Support Canteen fundraising through donations.
- Support PJ foundation with Billabong Sanctuary experience.
- Support sponsorship Swingers XI cricket club.
- Support sponsorship Wulguru United Football Club.
- Sponsorship of young local sports person Sienna Monteith 2021 & 2022 sporting seasons
Social and Community Involvement
NEM Group is dedicated to supporting the communities where its operations are located and where its employees live.
This is undertaken through several avenues including sponsorships, donations, supporting local, the NEM Group School Scholarship and in‐kind support.